Original Article: http://www.sugarthegoldenretriever.com/
National Dog Day is annually celebrated on August 26. This special day began in 2004 by Colleen Paige, Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, and Animal Advocate. National Dog Day is a Day to Celebrate Dogs.
Here are 5 Ways to Celebrate National Dog Day …or any day, since every day is Dog Day!
5 Ways to Celebrate National Dog Day
1) Go for a WALK at your dog’s favorite park or surprise your dog to a new dog-friendly place. Recently, as an alternative to a dog park, we went for a walk at a dog-friendly mall.
2) Depending where you live, take your dog to the BEACH. As a retriever, Sugar enjoys her weekend beach day. Recently, Sugar tried dog surfing.
3) Make your dog a tasty special TREAT. Make a frosty treat like our Frosty Yogurt Berries Bone Parfait, featured in Family Circle August issue. How about some Dairy-free Dog Safe Ice Cream made with banana.
4) Simply RELAX with your dog. Take a moment and just chill with your dog on the couch.
5) National Dog Day is also a day to promote ADOPTION. Take your dog shopping at a pet store. Then, visit your local shelter and donate the goods you bought. Also, find some time to volunteer for the day and learn more about the shelter and rescue dogs.
Celebrate and Appreciate Your Dog’s Unconditional Love and Loyalty